A sustainability exhibition, a scholarship fair, and the premiere of “COAL” are highlights of the 2014 Earth Day at UNCG.
Earth Day will be celebrated Tuesday, April 22, with the following events:
– Eco-Friendly Public Art Gallery: noon-4:30 p.m., College Avenue. Showcasing UNCG student artwork made with recycled and repurposed materials.
– Sustainability Scholarship Fair: noon-4:30 p.m., Music Building Atrium. Featuring UNCG academic programs, faculty research and student projects.
– Campus Sustainability Exhibits: noon-4:30 p.m., Music Building Atrium. Highlighting the following initiatives: Energy and Water Conservation, LEED Buildings, Waste Reduction and Recycling, Alternative Transportation, Sustainable Food and Dining, Solar Power, Green Cleaning and Purchasing, Land Preservation and Natural Landscaping.
– Performances of “COAL”: 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3:30 p.m., Music Building Organ Hall. “Creative Organizing and Leadership” is an upbeat musical tale to create climate change awareness and inspire local activism.
– Tree Planting & Tree Campus USA Award Ceremony: 1 p.m., Music Building. Supported by the UNCG Grounds Division and the Peabody Park Preservation Committee.
Questions? Contact Chad Carwein (UNCG Office of Sustainability) at email@example.com or 334-3664.